The Shidaa Projects INC. is supported on the Ghana side by a team of hardworking Ghanaians whose objective it is to take custody of the contents of shipped containers. The one unique goal of the Ghana team is to carry out the Organization’s operations in Ghana. Among others, the following functions have been undertaken by team Ghana since the Help-the-Needy shipments started in 2019.
- Working with a reliable clearing agent to clear goods through Ghana customs
- Ensure that shipped inventory is completely accounted for
- Transportation of cleared goods by the most effective and efficient trucking method from the port of entry to the designated storage facility of the organization (Agege/Kasoa)
- Managing the list of identified beneficiaries – individuals, families, and schools – of donated items
- Managing the sale of revenue-generating goods arriving in Ghana
Jordan Mensah, MBA
Jordan started traditional African Drumming at age 9 in Ghana. He grew up in Bukom, a suburb of Accra, a community where drum and dance played an integral part of all community activities.
He is a Juried Artist listed with the Vermont Arts Council, and has organized Onion River Arts and Community Connections sponsored residencies in elementary and high schools across Vermont, as well as workshops for adult community groups in Adamant, Barre and Plainfield. He is a resource person on African Traditional studies.
Heather Preis, MBA
Heather Preis is an accountant by profession, and the coordinator of the Ghana project. She ensures that shipments from Vermont to Ghana reach the needy.
Prosper is from La Côte D’Ivoire (Ivory Coast). A pioneering member of the Koteba National Dance Ensemble of La Cote D’Ivoire, he has performed all over the world. He has collaborated with Jeh Kulu drum/dance company. He is enthusiastic about teaching others African culture through dance and drums.
Julie Hunter, PhD
Julie, a native of Vermont, studied ethnomusicology at Brown University and completed her Ph.D. in 2011 with a specialization in the music of Africa.